We had a nice rainy weekend here, with no ambitious plans to leave the house. Kiran and I went to the community garden across the street and visited the chickens. Our plot is looking good and we have been enjoying herbs, spinach, and arugula. Kiran had fun splashing in the puddles and it was a struggle to get him out of the mucky puddle beside the chicken coop! I pretended to be Cranky the Crane as a last resort, but that meant I had to hoist him up and get mucky too! At least we had a good laugh and we were wearing our very washable crocs.
 |
| Splashing in the garden |
 |
| I promise this is not crude oil. |
While Kiran and I were getting muddy, Priya was trying one of her first bottles. Hopefully she'll get the hang of this alternative feeding method soon, but baby steps so far ;) I go back to work in August, so we have some time to ramp up! She continues to be a good little sleeper... dreaming away for 9 hours straight last night!
 |
| Ready to sleep |
Kiran was extra helpful this weekend... he helped me husk corn, make popsicles, water the plants, and unpack our giant Amazon box. I didn't even have to pay him for all his hard work! But I did tell him he was a Really Useful Engine a few times to keep him motivated and focused. He loved eating corn on the cob and I was really surprised at how he dug right in and asked for seconds. I thought this was a new experience for him, but he told me he eats corn on the cob at school. He was curious about the yellow and white kernels and I explained that's why its called butter and sugar corn. He told me the corn at school is just butter corn, so I guess this fancy corn was a new experience for him after all.
 |
| Ready for Grandpa's corny jokes now! |
 |
| Cool summer haircut for our little scooter punk (selfie) |
Love all your recent posts! You have such a fun, entertaining writing style. I laughed out loud about motivating Kiran by telling him that he was a Very Useful Engine :) And that's awesome that Priya is such a good sleeper! She is such a little doll. Adorable Bayou Babies :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Dianna :) I tried to use the "Very Useful Engine" trick today, but he told me he's not an engine, he's a boy ;) Maybe it will work tomorrow.
Delete