
We had a busy and fun weekend, and that left us with two tuckered out kids on Sunday night. Priya has been a decent sleeper for us since she was born. She usually has a 5hr stretch when she goes to sleep around 8pm, and then 1 or 2 more wake ups before the birds start chirping and the garbage trucks roll by. Last night she "slept through the night" for the first time, blissfully sleeping for 8 straight hours!! (I know this was probably a fluke and I'm jinxing myself by bragging about it!) She is 6 weeks old now, and this is probably similar to Kiran's sleep changes. Priya was in fact wearing her brother's cute mooncake pajamas ... I have a sweet memory of him in these pjs, chattering away after a good nights sleep a few years ago. She looks so much like Kiran here.
Kiran has been sleeping well in his twin bed since January. Bedtime has been a little loose these last few weeks and we've been soft about how many books and stories he gets. He has also been running into our room as soon as he wakes up for a snooze with us. Priya is in the bassinet in our room, so I think he's eager to be reunited. This is usually a very sweet part of the morning, but when he runs in before the garbage trucks roll or right after I lay Priya back down he is usually so full of energy that we are all forced to start the day. To temper this, I've been trying to keep him in his room by promising to be his alarm clock. He sometimes agrees to this at night and I tell him to just wait for me to come in and say "it's wake up time!" Last night he bought into this... whew! But, oops, I forgot to follow through this morning. He was quiet until after 7, and then he came running in and said "I thought you were not going to wake me up mommy." I felt bad for half a second or so. After looking at the clock, I was really happy that Priya slept so well and my alarm clock plan kept Kiran snoozing in his bed a little longer too!



Hooray for sleep!! And for clever Mommy scheming... :)
ReplyDelete