I am starting to accept the fact that meals in our house are chaotic. The perfect dinner, with everyone sitting down and eating peacefully, seems like it's just simply out of reach. Trying to dance around Priya's sleeping and nursing "schedule" and keeping Kiran focused on his plate instead of the fantastical world of Thomas the train is a challenge. But we do try hard to put healthy food on the table, and eventually we all get to eat something. But after the Bayou Babies are asleep and the dust settles, Ram and I do like to indulge in a little Blue Bell ice cream :)
Last night we went out for dinner, for no real reason except that the sun was shining and we all happened to be in the car together around that time. After a brief hiatus, we have been re-visiting our favorite restaurants, looking for the best baby-friendly spots. Last night it was time for Pizza Delicious, our favorite pizza place tucked away in the Bywater neighborhood. Their crust is the best and they always have interesting artwork on display from local artists. We gave it a low baby-friendly score for not having a changing table in the bathroom, but we still enjoyed a delicious margarita pizza. Well, we enjoyed half of the pie. When I grabbed a second slice, I accidentally tipped the pizza pan onto the floor. Splat! Three pieces of delicious pizza smeared on the floor. Priya and Kiran were mortified and they gave me a good lecture on table manners and not throwing food on the floor. I suppose that's what I deserve for expecting that dinner-time chaos wouldn't follow us out to a restaurant!
After dinner we had a quick run around "little hands" playground. Kiran is becoming a really good climber and he loves to swing. Then he and Ram explored the new Crescent Park along the river while Priya and I warmed up in the car. The new park looks awesome and I'm hoping we can return for a picnic very soon! You can take a quick video tour in this nola.com article.
Unfortunately, the 4 laps Kiran took across the foot bridge last night didn't tucker him out. Surprise, surprise... the good sleep we had the other night was probably just a fluke!
Here's Priya trying a new hairstyle this morning:


Henry and Kiran will enjoy talking about Thomas sometime soon...or, rather "Nhomas" as Henry likes to call him. Henry particularly enjoys the "chop, chop, chop" action that characterizes Harold the Helicopter.
ReplyDeleteGreat --- can't wait to pass along all our Nhomas stuff to Henry :)
DeleteIt was like I was right there with you. Funny to read. What kind of gel does Priya use?
ReplyDelete