![]() |
On Sunday, Priya had her feet on the ground at the playground for the first time. The poor girl was previously confined to the carrier or stroller or swing on our playground jaunts. She always seemed content to watch her brother run around, but now that's she's standing up she's ready to join in the fun. It was funny watching her hold onto the playground structure! She played a little game of ice cream stand with Kiran and she was silly with giggles as the wind blew her hair all over. She picked up her first pebble, and immediately tried to eat it. Don't worry, I was paying attention! I shifted her attention to the climbing wall, and she was excited to try rock climbing for the first time. Kiran scaled over her quickly, but no fingers were squashed in the process.
A less happy first occurred today... Priya had her first fever at daycare and we had to pick her up early. Before she went to bed, she was a little grumpy and actually slapped at her brother (the first, but surely not the last time). She is sound asleep with her shoes on now, another first. I'm glad we have the weekend to pamper her and hopefully she'll be back in action soon. She has generally been very healthy and I'm surprised at how well she has dodged the daycare bugs.
Another thing that I paused to really notice this week, is that fact that Priya gives the absolute best hugs. She hugs with her entire body. She digs her knees in and wraps her feet around. She tucks her head in, grabs my shoulders, and pats my back. Her hugs are just the best, especially at the end of the day when she crawls across the infant room to deliver one.
Another thing that I paused to really notice this week, is that fact that Priya gives the absolute best hugs. She hugs with her entire body. She digs her knees in and wraps her feet around. She tucks her head in, grabs my shoulders, and pats my back. Her hugs are just the best, especially at the end of the day when she crawls across the infant room to deliver one.





No comments:
Post a Comment