We had a great weekend in Dallas / Fort Worth. Both kiddos are sleeping now as we are driving back to Nola. I am squeezed between their car seats thinking about the road trips we used to take as kids. I told Kiran about the "wind breakers" Uncle Troy and I used to build in the back seat in the days before our family car had ac. We always had wind blown hair! I have also been re-telling grandpa's stories about Inky, Pinky, and Stinky (the little skunks that shared many of the same adventures as Chad, Kim, and Troy). Kiran likes hearing about the skunk kids going to visit their cousins Binky and Winky. What fun! He had a lot of fun playing with his real cousins too! Priya has been really good and we timed our departure to fit with her afternoon nap. We will probably spend the night on the road again tonight. I'm looking forward to a nice hotel breakfast and I'm so happy that Kiran enjoys a buffet as much as me. He specifically requested we stay at a hotel with waffles for breakfast ;)
Priya's rice feeding ceremony was a lot of fun. She loved the rice that Naynamma made and she kept reaching for the spoon. I think she has been eager for solids for a few weeks. Kiran tried to help his sister play the little fortune game, choosing between a ball, book, pen, money, and bangle. With some prodding and shuffling of the items closer to her, she eventually ended up with the gold bangle around her wrist. Perhaps this means our little princess will have expensive taste? I'm also thinking of the Girl Scout song about friendship, "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold."
Priya just woke up happy as a clam, so I have to get back to my backseat entertaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment