February 9, 2012

Winter update






Kiran is 9 months old and he is growing up so quickly!  He is crawling all over, standing up quickly, and starting to cruise around the furniture.  His newfound mobility has earned him a couple of yellow slips (injury reports) at daycare... just a couple of minor bumps from being a bit too bold.  The first came when he was poking around his girlfriend's crib and he toppled over.   I'm sure it won't be the last time he gets into trouble in pursuit of romance.  He keeps himself busy at daycare, emptying all the toy boxes and climbing into the bookcase from time to time.  He has earned the nickname of "Wiggles" from his teachers, and he has a reputation for squirming around on the changing table.

Kiran really loves his books, and he seems to pay close attention to the pictures and has the timing down on the page turning.  He has just discovered his fingers fit into the little holes in the pages of "The Hungry Caterpillar."  He thinks that is pretty funny.  His favorite book is his D-O-G book, full of lots of great pictures of dogs and fuzzy fabrics to touch.  There are also a few fun tabs to slide out in the book to make the dogs move.  There is actually a tab that reveals a dog peeing on a tree!   I have a feeling this will provide entertainment for years to come!  Kiran notices dogs when we are out for walks and he laughs if we stop to watch them play.  He is not afraid to touch a pup either.  He quickly warmed up to Scott & Heather's akitas and he reached out to pet their ears.   I have to say that I am a bit timid about petting their ears!  He also really likes Jamie and Bailey, and they make him smile even over long-range Skype.

Kiran doesn't have any teeth yet, but he is working on it.  He likes to watch me brush my teeth in the morning, and I know he is eager to get his hands on his very own toothbrush.  He has been enjoying some new foods and I've been trying to make more of his fruit and veggie purees.  He likes most things on the menu, but he has started to get funny about some textures.  We are working on the rice and lentils, and hope he warms up to these staples.

We are also proud to report that Kiran has been taking care of a little business on the potty!  He sits on the toilet first thing in the morning and then again before his bath.  We got him a little seat that fits on the pot, and with a little coaxing and cheerleading, he sits there like a big boy.  Granted it may be totally random, but he usually pees and smiles as if he knows what he's doing.  I know we are far from potty training, but we are hoping he will begin to make the connection and then that will make things easier down the road.

That's all the news from our Bayou Baby!  Stay tuned for a full report on his first Mardi Gras season!

1 comment:

  1. Love the update and all the adorable new pics!! I can't believe all the new stuff he's doing...what a big boy! And I predict he will be potty-trained before my 3 yr old Kyle ;)

    ReplyDelete