October 6, 2011

Late night comedy



Kiran is doing great, but for the last couple of weeks he has been waking up more frequently at night.  Apparently this is normal with the start of daycare.  He keeps us guessing with his feeding and sleeping schedule and he is starting to get much more vocal.  He has learned how to say "NO" in many different ways, and we are trying to coach him on "YES PLEASE."  He is very much into everything that is going on around him.  Even the moonbeam clock in his nursery is exciting!  I know he spends a lot of time watching activity around him at daycare and he always seems to be very alert and in tune with what is going on.  He has also been enjoying a good frolic in his cousin's exersaucer.  Thanks for sharing that with him, Sutton!  He loves bouncing up and down and banging all the toys.  This photo doesn't really capture that energy, but its the only one I managed to snap while he was paused for a moment.  His first time jumping around in it really made him giggle!  It was so fun to watch!


A couple of nights ago, Kiran and I were up spending some quality time together at 2am.  He had a good snack and then went back to sleep quickly.  Its not so bad being awake at that hour when he dozes off again easily and I can jump back into bed.  I snuggled him for a few more minutes, and when he was sound asleep in my arms, he erupted into laughter!  Not just a little giggle with a smirk, but real laughter with a giant grin.  And then he chuckled a cute refrain and kept right on snoozing!  Maybe he was dreaming about bouncing away in his exersaucer?  Or maybe he finally got the joke I told him the other day?  Either way, it was much needed comic relief for me ;)




2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. Looking forward to our trip to bayou baby country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the update! What an adorable little joy he is :) Did I mention adorable?! I feel like I say it every time I see pictures, but he just keeps getting cuter and cuter! And you're right, the night time sessions are much more tolerable when they go back to sleep right away (and surprise you with sweet giggles). And he's approaching 6 months so sleeping through the night should be right around the corner! Glad to hear that the little guy is doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete